Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'd give my right arm for some Nyquil...

Ugh. If there's one reason for me to think that this will be our only child it's the fact that getting sick while being pregnant is the worst thing ever. I came down with the cold from hell on Monday afternoon, and since then have slept maybe a total of 8 hours (5 of them last night) because I'm so freakin' uncomfortable and I just can't breathe. And there's very little I can do about it now. I can take sudafed, which takes over an hour to kick in and only lasts a few hours anyway, and I can take robitussen which does nearly nothing. Otherwise it's saline nasal spray and breathe right strips, which aren't powerful enough to help with this particular cold. Ugh. I saw my regular dr. yesterday, who assured me that it's just a cold (as opposed to the flu or bronchitis), and had an OB appointment today in which she told me to stay home from work for the rest of the week. She's a very cautious doctor, which I appreciate, but at the same time I was kind of looking forward to getting out of the house. I'm starting to feel like I might fuse to the couch.

While at the OB she did check a few things out and told me that the baby is really low right now (which I already guessed but it was nice to get confirmation). But that didn't seem to make her think that I'd be having him any earlier than scheduled, since she pushed back the ultrasound that I was supposed to have during week 37 to week 38 instead, and told me I could cancel next week's appointment with her and come in the week after instead.

And on a completely unrelated note, Rick's been going crazy on the nursery lately. On Tuesday he primed the walls and trim, and today he'll be painting the walls! Painting! Woo-hoo! The trim painting should be done this weekend. He's also going to get someone in to refinish the floors in that room (I'm hoping he'll be able to come in next week or at the latest the week after). I'd be concerned about the polyurethane smell but the little guy won't be sleeping in that room for a few months anyway, so it should be fine. It finally seems like it's all starting to come together! And all of this thanks to Rick--it should be noted that I've done little to no work on this project (though I should be able to help paint the trim). My husband is the best!

Hope this post finds all of you healthy and happy--

-Suzi

No comments: