Monday, June 9, 2008

Is it hot in here or is it Dashiell?

It' s a sweltering 94 degrees in our fair city this afternoon, and I have to say thank the fates for air conditioning! I know that's not the most "green" thing to say but honestly, if it weren't for AC I'd have one unhappy baby! But as you can see from the photo, Dash is taking the heat in stride!

I'm still trying to find interesting things to do during this heat wave--we usually spend a decent amount of time outside during the day, but the air quality is so crummy now that I'm guessing that would be a bad idea for both of us. We've been going mall walking nearly every day but that's pretty boring even on the best of days. At least the mall up in New Hampshire has a Starbucks--I can handle the boredom as long as I have an iced vanilla latte in hand...

BTW, going back to work last week was less than fun, but it could have been worse. It was hard to leave Dashiell for the day, but at least he got to spend quality time with Rick. And it's only part time, which is good. Who knows, once I get used to it, it might actually be nice to spend a couple of days a week with grown ups. It's just amazing how fast the time went during my maternity leave.

Hope you all have a great week--stay out of the heat if you can!

-Suzi

No comments: