Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Giant

We just went in for Dashiell's 18 month appointment today, and while he didn't gain quite as much weight this time as he did last time, he did grow a ton! At his 15 mo. appt. he was 31-1/2 inches high, three months later he's 35 inches! Yup, he grew 3-1/2 inches in 3 months! No wonder his pajama's don't fit anymore! He gained 2 lbs, so he is now 29 lbs. 8 oz. In other words, he's the size of a healthy 2-year-old. Yikes!

He had a slew of shots today--a couple of the regular vaccinations plus a seasonal flu. He would have had the H1N1 too, but they didn't have the pediatric version of it yet (the one they have has mercury in it, which is okay for adults but not great for little ones). I'm a big believer in vaccinations, so we will be going back in a couple of weeks when the pediatric H1N1 is available. Thankfully Massachusetts hasn't been hit as hard as other states yet so we're at less of a risk right now.

Unfortunately the office was short on all of their flu vaccinations so Rick and I will have to find our shots on our own. Last year we got vaccinated at the same time as Dashiell. I'm hoping Rick's workplace will offer them for him, since he is in the healthcare industry.

I was going to post videos of Dashiell playing in the yard yesterday, but I seem to have forgotten my phone at home, and haven't sent myself the videos yet...so instead I posted another picture of Dashiell having fun with little pumpkins during our apple picking excursion! Seems fitting in October...

1 comment:

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Aw, such a cute picture, Suzi! He is such a handsome boy:). Rachel just went in for her 18 months too even though she will be 19 months on Sunday. (We fell behind when doc went on vacation) Lots of shots here too...one I can't remember, chicken pox and flu and finger prick to check for anemia. They are such little troopers aren't they? Dash passed her up though...23 lbs. and 33 inches here now. You have a tall boy there:) They said Rachel is in the 80%ile for height though. I have to post an update on my blog. Always enjoy yours even if I don't get to comment every time I check...Lori...