Friday, February 5, 2010

Oldie but goodie


I haven't downloaded (uploaded?) and pictures from our camera in the past couple of weeks, and Dash doesn't stay still long enough to get good pics on my phone, so I'm going with an oldie for today's picture!  This was taken when Dashiell was about 6 or 7 weeks old, when we had been trying for a couple of weeks to get a good picture of his smile.  This was the best we could get!  A little gummy half-smile, but I love it!  His hair still looked red back then, and I swear he had the most perfectly shaped head.  Such a cute guy!  I also love that his crib bumper is upside down--a reflection of the crazy, upside-down world of taking care of a newborn. :)

So after being sick for most of January, the Weber Hanson household might actually all be well at the same time!  I know I shouldn't say anything--I'm probably jinxing it--but it's just such a good feeling to not be either wiping Dashiell's nose or blowing my own (or listening to Rick and/or Dashiell cough all night long).  Plus the whole part where Dashiell would cough until he puked was REALLY getting old.  Even when it was obvious that he was not sick and just had a little coughing left to do, I feared taking him out in public--who wants their kid to throw up in the middle of Target?  Not me, thank you very much.  On a side note, it was confirmed that I am the culprit who passed along her low gag reflex to Dashiell--I had to get teeth impressions made last week and nearly threw up on the technicians.  So I feel for my son, really.  I just don't want to clean up after him anymore.

We're hoping to spend some time socializing with friends and family this weekend, since we've had to cancel plans the past 2 weekends.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments: