Friday, May 6, 2011

New bed!

We bought Dashiell a new twin bed a couple of weeks ago, and it has been a huge hit!  He loves his "big kid" bed, and so do I!  No more crouching nearly to the ground to give goodnight kisses!  However, with the big bed comes a bit of a learning curve...


This is how I found him one afternoon when I was about to wake him up from his nap.  I love the blanket hanging off his foot over the edge of the bed!

Later that night, I went to check on him before I went to sleep:





Yup, that's him, curled up on the floor on top of the piles of pillows and stuffed animals I left next to his bed.  I'm sure he would have been fine if I left him on the floor, but I did feel the need to pick him up and put him back onto his bed.  With barely an eye-flutter!  Solid sleeper, this kid.

I'm happy to report that this was the only time that Dashiell has completely fallen off the bed.  Some day soon we may be able to get rid of those pillows on the floor!

On a side note, check out how bright that flash is in that picture!  This was 11 pm, pitch dark in the room.  One little flash and it's like it's mid-day!  And yes, these two pictures were taken with different cameras (as if you couldn't tell!).

And on a second side note, Rick and I became so envious of Dashiell's new bed that we just went out and bought a new one for us, too!  King size, baby!  I CAN'T WAIT until it's delivered next week.  The room!  The comfort!  The new linens!  Sigh.


New beds are the best.

No comments: