Thursday, August 9, 2012

I tried...



I tried.  I really did.  I tried to get a good picture of Dashiell and Aurelia together so I could send it to my parents for their anniversary and update the picture of them on this blog.  And this is what I got.

First, Aurelia looks adorable but Dashiell was about to tell me something (when isn't  he about to tell me something?):


Then, we have Dashiell making his "I'm smiling" face (you know, the fake smile all kids somehow master) plus you can clearly see he was having a no-pants day, and Aurelia looking once again like one of the three stooges (check about half-way down that past blog post for the reference):


Then, we got an okay picture but the lighting went all wonky (this is after I tried correcting it in Photoshop):



And here they're both just being silly:


So what I really wanted to do for mom and dad's anniversary was have the kiddos pose with a sign that said "Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa", with a little picture drawn on it from Dashiell.  When I told him of this plan he decided it would be better to have two signs - one with the words, the other with his drawing.  So I agreed, and he got to his drawing.  First, he wanted to make a smiley face and a rainbow.  After 3 attempts at a face he gave up on that since it "wasn't round enough".  Then he tried about 4 attempts at a rainbow, but he kept getting the colors mixed up and didn't like how the arches were turning out, so he gave up on that.  Then he decided that one of the arches on one of his rainbows looked like a mountain, so he wanted to draw a mountain with a sun  Well the sun is yet another circle, so that took about 5 attempts.  Almost 6, but I convinced him that the squiggly line coming off his sun was awesome because it looked like fire.  So finally we had a (very small) drawing, and our message to Grandma and Grandpa.  And after all that, this is the best picture I could get of them holding their signs:


I tried.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is too funny! Only because I can relate! Dylan has become very particular about his drawings and nothing is ever quite right. Oh- and I love the no-pants-day. :)