Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oh BOY!

So much has happened this week!

First, as you can probably guess from the title of this post, we found out we're having a boy!! Suddenly this feels so much more real--I'm not just having a baby, I'm having our SON. Whoa. :-) Now I feel like we can finally start thinking about names. Unfortunately all we've come up with are names we will not be naming our son...Dweezil, Qbert, Aquaman...

So how did we find out about our son when we weren't supposed to have an ultrasound until after Thanksgiving? Well, we had a bit of a scare last week, which turned out to be nothing too serious but still freaked us out a bit. I was having some lower abdominal pain, and by Wednesday night it got to the point where I could barely get into bed because it hurt too much to swing my legs up. Took me 2 hours to get to sleep because the pain wouldn't stop. I almost drove myself to the ER but finally fell asleep. Plus the pain was almost too steady--it's wasn't cramping, didn't come on in waves, it was just PAIN.

The next day I went into my OBs office first thing, and she did a bunch of tests ruling out any of the scarier problems, which included an ultrasound. Everything was still fine! It was so reassuring to see the baby and make sure he was ok. He's a very active little guy! Didn't slow down much for pictures, but we saw what we needed to see! We got a print out of his face, but it's a head-on shot so it's honestly a little freaky. The picture is a big forehead, one eye that's super-clear and one that's fuzzy, and a nose. I thought about posting it but I think I'll wait for the post-Thanksgiving ultrasound picture to introduce him to you all.

Oh, the reason for the pain seemed to be a UTI. The test results for it won't come back until Monday, but I've been on antibiotics for a few days now and feel much better already. Only an occasional twinge of pain but that's usually only after I've been sitting or standing too long. Today, in fact, I've felt pretty dang good. But then again, who could feel bad after a breakfast of peach waffles with whipped cream and kielbasa? Yum...

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Congrats on your little BOY! Welcome to the wonderful world of raising a son. I am so glad to hear that the pain wasn't anything terrible. I hope you're feeling better soon.

e said...

but dweezil weber hanson has such a nice ring to it! ;)

i totally think you should blow up the ultrasound to 4 feet high and use it for decoration in the nursery. that would be *awesome*.

(congrats on the little man, btw. and glad to hear the problem was fixed with antibiotics. go modern medicine!)