Monday, November 5, 2007

One step forward

We're one step closer to starting the nursery project! I actually cleaned the attic and made space for all the stuff that's currently occupying the nursery-to-be! Granted, most of my cleaning involved pushing full boxes into the far corners of the attic and throwing out the empty boxes, but that's pretty much all it took. There were some unpleasant discoveries (RIP little mousy mouse), quite a few moments of "so that's where that is!", and there are some things Rick still might want to go through and throw out (the huge box of VHS tapes, for one) but all in all it's looking pretty dang organized. Now I can start labeling things in the nursery according to where they should be moved, which makes me feel like progress will be made soon. Ahhh...

Of course all this attic cleaning was done at the expense of a paper I have due in 10 days for my Textiles class, but I've come to the realization that even if I write what I consider a crummy paper, I'll still get a decent grade. I can't tell if it's because I have an unrealistically poor view of my own writing or if the college just has low grading standards. I think it's the grading standards, and I'm not just saying that to be humble. I can't go into more details without insulting others in my program, so I'll leave it at that.

Have a great week, everyone--

-Suzi

No comments: