Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, mothers-to-be, and mother-wanna-be's (especially to you--I've been there and know this can be a rough day to get through...).

So far my mother's day has been fantastic--the fact that Dashiell is here to celebrate with us is the best gift I could ever ask for (as was the good night's sleep we got last night, and the tasty breakfast Rick made for me...). Last year's mother's day was a sad reminder of the baby we lost just a few months earlier. I couldn't imagine that just a year later I'd have this awesome little guy snoozing in a sling on me. Needless to say, I feel pretty blessed this year.

Update on Dash's fussiness: we've discovered a few more tricks that have made him a much happier baby: I mentioned the vacuum last post--we found an hour-long recording on itunes of a vacuum! Woo-hoo! And the sling helps immensely, he's so content when he's all snuggled up like that! Shh-shh-shh-ing (stuttered like a heartbeat) works too, though it works best while bouncing and sucking on a pacifier (he's the one sucking the paci, not me...). So the past few days have been much more pleasant, now that we feel like we can effectively calm Dashiell when he starts to freak out. Whew!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day--

-Suzi

No comments: