Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sleeping in

Who knew that someday I'd consider a 4:30 am wake-up to be "sleeping in"? Man, we were so spoiled with Dashiell early on. He was a sleep-through-the-night baby from the time he was about a month old. Then it all changed! He started going to bed earlier, which--despite what some sleep authorities claim ("sleep begets sleep" - HA!)--meant that he'd wake up earlier. At first it was a 5 am wake-up, then 4 am, then last week it was 3 am (there was even a 1 am wakeup on Monday--sheesh!)!! Granted he goes back to sleep after he eats but still, I'd gotten used to the old schedule, and I miss it. Today he slept until 4:30 am and I seriously thought to myself "good, he slept in". What?! That's sleeping in now?

I know his sleep schedule will work itself out again--it seems like many babies between 4 and 6 months old go through crummy sleeping cycles. Until then I just have to get used to being sleepy, I guess!

No comments: