Thursday, September 25, 2008

2 steps back

So much for improved sleep habits! 3 am seems to be Dashiell's new favorite time of day. Most of the time we can get him to go back to sleep but sometimes we aren't so lucky. Ah well. Someday I'll get a night of uninterrupted sleep again. Maybe once he's in college.

I posted a picture of Dashiell and his second cousin Kayla spending some quality time at the mall on Monday. Kayla's mom (Jen) assures me that K had a blast though from the looks of it all that bumming around wore both our kids out!

We went apple picking this past Sunday at Smolak Farms in North Andover, which was fun (sorry no pictures--we forgot to bring our camera). My later attempt at making pureed apple sauce for Dashiell was met with the same reaction the green beans got (a very sad, disappointed face followed by a full-body shutter). I thought for sure he'd like apple sauce but maybe the apple I used was too tart or something. We'll try the store-bought apple sauce and see if he likes that any better.

And in exciting developmental news, Dashiell sort of sat up by himself last night! We were playing on the living room floor and I sat him in front of me and let go of his arms to see what would happen, and he sat there for a good 30 seconds before he lost balance! He was sitting against my leg so I think that gave him the confidence to sit up--I tried to get him to sit without touching me and it didn't work so well. I'll try to get a picture (or video from our new video camera!) of this accomplishment to post soon.

Hope you're all doing well!

-Suzi

No comments: