Sunday, August 23, 2009

Minnesota!

Dashiell, Rick and I visiting Babe the Blue Ox (Paul Bunyan not pictured)

Apologies for not blogging prior to our trip (too busy getting ready), and not being able to post during our trip either (no internet at my folks' house). And this post is going to be short, too, since we just got home yesterday after a very fun-filled trip out to Minnesota to see my family and didn't get nearly enough sleep last night--it's definitely going to be an early bedtime for us all.

Quick synopsis of the trip: We flew out to Minneapolis on the 15th, then drove up to Bemidji shortly after landing. It was a long day but I'm glad we got it all over with at once! We spent most of the week at my mom and dad's house, visited lots of people and places, then went back to Mpls on Thursday. More fun visiting ensued, then we flew back to Boston yesterday.

Yesterday was rough for us all, especially poor Dashiell. Our flight originally was supposed to leave at around 4 pm, but it was late and we ended up having to change our connecting flight to one that got us into Boston at around 12:30 am. At the end of the first flight Dash kept signing "all done", which pretty much summarized how we all felt. He couldn't get himself comfortable enough to get any good sleep on the second flight, and though he did fall asleep eventually, laying across my lap and partially onto Rick's, it was definitely fitful, and much too short. I felt like such a horrible mom putting him through that--the poor kid was miserable!

So today has mostly been a day of rest, and currently both of the Hanson men are sleeping while I post. I need to join them pretty much right now, or I may fall asleep on the keyboard. I promise to post more pictures of our trip soon!

No comments: