Thursday, December 20, 2007

Enough with the snow already!

Another snowy day in lovely Lowell, MA...

First things first, here's the latest belly shot, taken earlier today. Tried to make it festive with the Christmas tree in the background. As you can see, I'm all belly these days. I think the rest of me is just beginning to spread out a little too (I can see it in my face, of all places) but mostly it's all about the belly...

I'm playing hooky from work today, though with good cause! I had an OB appointment that included a couple of tests this morning, and by the time I got home it was already noon, we had to unbury my car from the 6-or-so inches of snow that fell on it overnight and during the morning, and with the weather being as crummy as it is I thought I might as well take the rest of the day off! Thankfully I had no major deadlines I needed to meet so I'm not too concerned.

As for the appointment, it seemed to go well! The baby's heart rate is still fine, he's still very active, my OB poked around my belly a little, and I didn't get any warnings about weight gain or anything so I'm assuming I'm doing ok on that front. I had to take a glucose tolerance test, which involved getting my blood drawn, drinking a bunch of really sweet orange stuff, waiting an hour, and getting my blood drawn again. Not sure when I'll get the results back but I'm hoping it'll be after the holidays, just in case it's bad news. If I end up having gestational diabetes, so be it but I would rather not know until after Christmas! Though even if it is bad news all it would mean at this point is that I'd have to go back for the 3-hour test.

I may not have a chance to post again until after Christmas, so I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and Santa treats you well!

Much love,

Suzi

No comments: