Monday, March 31, 2008

The good news and the less than ideal news

First some good news: The ultrasound today went well! The baby's doing great and the amniotic fluid level is just fine. Less than ideal news: When my OB checked things out, I still hadn't progressed much. A little, which is good, but nothing dramatic.

More good news: By the end of this week we will be actual parents, not parents-to-be!! Less than ideal: We decided to schedule an induction for Thursday at 8 am. Of course it's not the birth I had envisioned, and unless our little guy shows up early I won't get to make the "honey, it's time" phone call, but we think it's the right decision. We'll be past the 41 week mark, and this kid really is going to be big. And frankly, we're getting impatient! It's been over 3 years since we first started trying to have a baby, and we're ready for him to make his appearance!

Since it's not for a few days, there is still a chance we could have this baby without the induction, and I'll keep trying whatever I can to make it happen. I'll be staying active, drinking lots of fluids, and I have an acupuncture appointment scheduled for tomorrow. But no matter how it happens, within the next few days Rick and I will get to finally meet our little guy, and that's the only think that matters!

-Suzi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a good feeling the Acupuncture will get things going (It did for us). Best of luck - we're all thinking of you. - P,K&L