Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nope, not yet.

Not much to post except that we're STILL WAITING. Once again I've been feeling lots of Braxton Hicks contractions and some random crampiness, but otherwise nothing. I have another ultrasound and an OB appointment tomorrow, but I don't really expect to learn anything new. I'll hear about how huge the baby is, I'll probably find out that despite all the weird abdominal feelings I'm having and eggplant parm I've eaten I haven't "progressed" at all. Or maybe I have but obviously not enough.

All this waiting is driving me crazy and frankly making me cranky. I don't even want to go out to public places anymore because I dread getting the "when are you due" question from complete strangers. It used to be that they'd ask, I'd tell them, and they'd say something horrible like "I would have thought you were further along" (btw, never say that to a pregnant woman...). But I'd laugh, say something like "I get that a lot", then silently curse them as I walked away. Now if someone asks and says something stupid, I can't guarantee that I'd laugh or be silent when I curse them.

But I guess there's nothing we can do at this point! But we're really going to have to teach this kid to be more punctual when he gets older. It's just not polite to keep people waiting.

-Suzi

No comments: