Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Almost done!

The photo book project continues, and I'm happy to report that it's almost done! I think I've included all the photos I want, except for any that are taken in the next couple of weeks (such as the b-day party photos), now I just need to figure out how to condense it more so it's not 45 pages long! I haven't actually priced it out yet but that's got to be pretty spendy!



Now that Dashiell can walk that is all he does--he paces the floor constantly! Living room - kitchen - dining room - living room - kitchen - dining room - couple of laps around the dining room table - living room - couple of laps around the ottoman - kitchen - short break to play with the tupperware - dining room...it's dizzying! But what's weird is that I feel less like I need to follow him or watch him at every step since he's always moving, which gives him less opportunity to get into things he's not supposed to get into! We've blocked off the stair, so he's safe from the most dangerous spots in the house. As long as I can hear him walking I know he's ok. Of course as soon as the footsteps stop I'm on him like glue but that hardly ever happens! He's just busy, busy, busy!



We're running out of ideas of what to feed him now that he's eating finger foods, so we're taking suggestions! We try to feed him whatever we're eating but in general he's not very interested in pork chops or asparagus (though he does try everything! And we'll keep on re-introducing everything until he like it!). So far his go-to meals are toast, grilled cheese and turkey sandwiches, and broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese quesadillas. I tried adding refried beans to the quesadilla yesterday and he wanted none of it. He'll also usually eat pears or peaches, though some days he decides to boycott them. We've had ravioli a couple of times, too, with some success. Who knew that feeding a toddler (is he officially a toddler since he now toddles?) could be so challenging! ;-)

Here's another oldie-but-goodie picture. He looks like such a proud American in his camo romper on the flag quilt...

No comments: