Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Does my 3-year-old actually LIKE sharing??

I'm not going to say that Dashiell is always good at sharing toys or other things (I can think of a few play room occurrences that were less than stellar examples of sharing) but I think he actually likes sharing his stuff with his friends!  The other night our friends Shawn and Michele came over with their 5-year-old daughter and almost 1-year-old twin sons, and Dashiell was genuinely thrilled to see the other kids enjoying his toys as much as he did.  It was awesome!  He especially seemed to like it when the babies played with his toys - anything they did was hilarious!  Look - the babies are pushing the Riddler's car around!  Now they're chewing on my pretend food!  Ha!!  There were one or two times when Dash took away something the other kids were playing with, but a gentle reminder that we share our toys when we have visitors was all it took to get him back on track. 

Our kiddo likes entertaining (he LOVES having visitors!) and he wants to make sure everyone is having a great time.  It's a reminder that at one time Rick and I liked entertaining too.  In fact, we still do, we just never get around to inviting people over!  I think it's time for a change...

Alright, this picture is completely unrelated, but cute nonetheless and I have to share it!

Our guy does get a lot of joy out of life!  And despite the 3-year-old drama we often have to deal with, he gives a lot of joy, too.

No comments: